Hi Andreas -

Yes, I went back and read your question.  Looks like it never really got
answered, and then sidetracked into a specific bug fix discussion.  And while
it would be great to get fixes from Freeswitch back in, that clearly isn't
happening yet.  If I am reading the commit history in gitorious correctly (as
you'd mentioned, just finding out that is where it was hosted was a fairly
random occurrence), things ground to a halt a couple of years ago with Pekka's
last commit.  Also, Freeswitch uses nua but I prefer to use nta in most of my
projects.  I see a handful of merge requests being opened but not being
addressed.

For now I've created my own clone on gitorious, like a few others have done.  I
suppose like others that have done this I will can cherry-pick commits that
look useful from other people's clones, but this is slapdash and does kind of
both concern me and sadden me to see a useful product that seems to be dying
slowly from lack of support.  I'd be interested in feedback that either (a)
tells me I'm wrong, and why or (b) provides suggestion on other (modern,
supported, open, C/C++) sip stacks that I ought to be looking at.

Dave

On Nov 18, 2013, at 5:33 AM, Andreas Wehrmann <andreas_wehrm...@yahoo.at> wrote:

On 11/17/2013 04:53 PM, Dave Horton wrote:
> I've been using sofia sip quite happily for a few years in various projects,
> but I am wondering about whether it is still being actively supported.  I'm
> heading into a new project where I will need a lot of 3GPP headers that don't
> appear to have been implemented in sofia sip, and I've also come across a bug
> or two in the current header implementation.  I'd be happy to chip in with
> patches, but I'm not clear whether this code base is being actively supported
> by any key person or group I should coordinate with.

Hey there!

I've posted the same questions a couple of weeks ago.
Sofia-SIP is being actively maintained in the FreeSWITCH project (see
http://www.freeswitch.org/).
If you take a look at their GIT history
(http://fisheye.freeswitch.org/browse/freeswitch.git; under libs/sofia-sip)
you will find quite a few changes since the last official release.
I would like to see those changes merged back too, but to me it seems
this is not going to happen soon.

Regards,
Andreas