On 11/18/2013 10:04 AM, Dave Horton wrote:
> Hi Andreas -
>
> Yes, I went back and read your question.  Looks like it never really got
> answered, and then sidetracked into a specific bug fix discussion.  And while
> it would be great to get fixes from Freeswitch back in, that clearly isn't
> happening yet.  If I am reading the commit history in gitorious correctly (as
> you'd mentioned, just finding out that is where it was hosted was a fairly
> random occurrence), things ground to a halt a couple of years ago with
> Pekka's last commit.  Also, Freeswitch uses nua but I prefer to use nta in
> most of my projects.  I see a handful of merge requests being opened but not
> being addressed.
>
> For now I've created my own clone on gitorious, like a few others have done.
> I suppose like others that have done this I will can cherry-pick commits that
> look useful from other people's clones, but this is slapdash and does kind of
> both concern me and sadden me to see a useful product that seems to be dying
> slowly from lack of support.  I'd be interested in feedback that either (a)
> tells me I'm wrong, and why or (b) provides suggestion on other (modern,
> supported, open, C/C++) sip stacks that I ought to be looking at.
>
> Dave

I would need to agree with you there.
I was often wondering who is responsible for Sofia.
That would seem to be Pekka but he seems to be concerned with other
things (I'm not blaming him, just pointing it out)
and there's apparently nobody else?

What I find a little bit odd is that the official branch of Sofia seems
to have come to a halt although there seem to be lots of people
using it. The question that bothers me is: Why didn't changes from these
people flow back to the official version?
(guess that's because Pekka is (the only?) maintainer and just didn't
have the time).

The FreeSwitch guys seem to do a good job but the I think the sofia-sip
version in the FreeSwitch repo is to be considered a fork,
not just a branch of the official repo?

I think this library needs more maintainers.

Thoughts, anyone?