Ray Anderson wrote:
> Dan-
>

> I  missed the earlier part of this thread, but can you explain what the
> SA612 has to do with a QSD (quadrature sampling detector). The SA612
> mixer is a double balanced Gilbert cell type circuit. No sampling is
> involved.
>

> -Ray     WB6TPU
>

> ________________________________

You can integrate the outputs of any kind of mixer, and by using two fed
by a LO in Quadrature generate I/Q audio. The SA612A's have a conversion
gain so they make for a sensitive mixer.

FET switches are not only highly efficient but have an extremely high
IP3 compared to SA612A's

Switches are far cheaper also, personally I'll stick with the switches
unless going really high in frequency,

Cecil
KD5NWA
www.qrpradio.com www.hpsdr.com

"Sacred Cows make the best Hamburger!"  Don Seglio Batuna

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: