From: soft_radio@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Miura Kazunori
Sent: Saturday, February 09, 2008 5:04 AM
To: soft_radio@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [soft_radio] Oscillator, why divide/4

Hello

It is important for QSD/QSE to keep a phase difference of 90 degrees
precisely.I made various phase shifter, CR and johnson counter,ICS672. But
it is difficult to get correct phase shift for reject image signal.

I am making quadrature DDS signal generator.

http://www.eleki-jack.com/lab/9834x2.html

If this quadrature DDS signal generator is good result,
I will report here.

JA7TDO

Dave Wade ????????:

> Why don't you go and have a look on Google,  I stuck in "SDR For the
> Masses" and got loads of hits. Very interesting info on how and why
> things fit together the way they do.
>
> Having read these I was wondering why these folks use the "divide/4"
> approach when there are now DDS chips available very cheaply, that
> provide I/Q outputs like the AD9851. I am building the Elektor SDR
>
> http://www.elektor.com/magazines/2007/may/software-defined-radio.91527
> .lynkx

<http://www.elektor.com/magazines/2007/may/software-defined-radio.91527.lynk
x>

> which uses the Cypress cy27ee16 and then a divide/4, and as an amateur
> getting one of those was a complete pain. Wouldn't the AD9851 have been
> a better choice, and as an amateur I can get samples of those free of
> charge?
>
> Dave G4UGM
> Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Yahoo! Groups Links