Hello All,

Like to get some good solid advice re laptops and USB sound cards.

After having played with sound cards and benchtop computers
I am forced to look into a laptop for portable SDR applications.

Min. requirement is one high speed USB for SDR ( 2 channel minimum
input sound card ) and at least one other USB port for Frequency control
of LO for SDR ( Si570 DSS or the like )

First question:

What are the specs for a laptop to do 2 channel separate audio I/Q ?
What is there to look for in terms of hardware and OS?
Is is possible to disable on board sound chips in laptops  and select
external sound devices and do 2 channel audio?. Are these standard
capabilities or special functions for newer standard laptops.
What about extra USB ports?
What if any, are differences in USB matters between benchtops and laptops.

I would like to get in contact with an amateur running, lets say Winrad or
Linrad , PowerSDR SDR software plus an USB external 2 channel sound card and
a SDR transceiver with software control of other functions as frequency control
via USB.

In short how to identify a laptop for SDR applications.

73 Rein W6SZ