ok so file size and performance aside, i need it to be abstracted cause i
dont want to have to close and reopen the scene when i want to add new
actors to the crowd simulation.

also, softimage development team has changed. here is a great opportunity
to convince them that an external API to do task like this is actually what
we want :)