This is the process I've found works best for me - it's from memory as I
don't have Soft at home so hopefully it's all in the right order. I have
used an ICE PointRefFrame technique to try to get the rotational changes,
but the result never seemed to work as well as this:

1) Move the rig from it's bind to the pose you want to correct
2) Export the mesh as an obj, store an action clip of the bind pose, the
corrective pose and a preset for the envelope
3) Fix the obj
4) Back in the rig scene; import the fixed obj, give it an envelope and
apply the preset so it matches the main mesh
5) Apply the corrective pose to the rig
6) Reset the Static Kinestate of the bones whilst still in the corrective
pose
7) Apply the bind pose again
8) Export the mesh as an obj, then bring it in later to use as a standard
shape in whatever system you use

A bit convoluted, but such is the way of these things. :)