cough.... you remember me with my past rants i am sure.

I've tried to calm down...

Just bought 5 more Softimage seats today. Growing the user base is the best thing to do to make share holders go in the direction we all want. But we are such a small army alltogheter. We are the inglorious basterds of the 3D industry unfortunatly. But in the film, they kinda win!! :-) wich is not what is going to happen to us... i think.

Chris, Luc-Eric, Stefan and your team in singapore..... just dont give up! I think you really do a great job at trying to support such a passionate and intimate micro user base.

I am still quite happy with the bug fixes list from 2014. Even tough I ranted about the camera sequencer.... And also i am amazed about the responsiveness for our problem we've had here with accessing the ICE data attributes and the fixes to the SDK leading to SP2. This was fast and i felt at home again.

Autodesk, do what apple did when releasing OSX. A major cut. They started on fresh new modern foundations. I am ready to asbsorb the cost of our pipeline tools rewrite if you come with a master app bringing togheter the power of the big 3s. It's the only way out.

Merge the Fu** all of your patents togheter in this next gen uber app. It is the only way to keep up against the others. The foundry are comming hardcore and they will integrate Modo with Katana, Mari and Nuke. Also, Side effects are a good bunch of listening passionate fellows too. Thoses guys really strive for something new and refreshing. You cannot sit laid back on maya, xsi and max and hope to make your trimestrial performance in terms of incomes for years to come. You are rellying on too old technologies in my opinion. That's what will not only bring softimage to it's knees, but all of your grandpa 3d apps. Something is really happening out there, and you seem's to only put the meal to the microwave oven.

The only thing we all miss, is the real will for innovation, passion and devotion at Autodesk. Something that is very present everywhere around. Best exemple is blender..... open source....free...... WAKE UP.!!!

Are we at the Stalingrad battle for 3D market supremacy? Of course we are! And Autodesk is way behind so far for the lead.

sly

*Sylvain Lebeau // SHED**
*V-P/Visual effects supervisor
1410, RUE STANLEY, 11E ÉTAGE MONTRÉAL (QUÉBEC) H3A 1P8
T 514 849-1555 F 514 849-5025WWW.SHEDMTL.COM <http://www.shedmtl.com/><<http://www.shedmtl.com/>http://WWW.SHEDMTL.COM>