To whom I may concern, in terms of the world moving on.

It´s better to make sure subscription is payed annually, as it is the
cheapest way to keep up to date.

You lose your option to "re-fill" your subscription 12 months after subscription
has ended. You´re left with the upgrade+subscription option then.

The upgrade price is around 70% of a full version.

I missed this "little" detail and had to go the upgrade route today.

This week, there is a upgrade option that gives you the Ultimate Bundle for
the price of the Premium bundle. You get 1Maya+13DSMax+1Softimage+1Mudbox+...

The annual subscription fee for the Ultimate bundle pretty much equals
just buying subscription for 2 standalone versions but gives you subscription
for at least 5 useable programs, not counting SketchBook® Designer, which
I don´t know anything about.

Hope this helps.

Check your reseller, change your world :-)