Nice Example Alan!

On 2/6/2014 1:26 AM, Alan Fregtman wrote:
Haven't looked at Noel's take on this, but here's a dumb jiggly sphere demo scene I did long ago for a friend who asked me about a Verlet-based setup:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/441883/xsi/ICE_verletJigglyBits_alan.scn

Hit Play and drag the null around, rotate or scale it.

/sphere_jiggly/ has a sim and a weightmap to define the jiggly zones. Play with the VerletFramework compound's /Iterations/ slider (for stiffness) and with gravity, damping and restitution force intensities to adjust the "feel" of it. --- You can take off the gravity force if you want, but I like it because when the character leans the fat still droops downward.

/sphere_rigged/ has an envelope with one deformer to the controlling null, meant to represent a rigged character. (If it's not obvious: topo of both rigged and jiggly meshes must be identical in this setup.)

FYI, the more Iterations in the VerletFramework compound, the stiffer the effect BUT also the slower the computation will be.

It could be more polished of course, but hey, it's pretty fast and it works. :p
Cheers,

   -- Alan

ps: I'll probably make this a TDSurvival tutorial at some point, also.