From: Stephen Davidson
Sent: Wednesday, February 19, 2014 4:25 AM
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: Re: animating instances in place of hairs

The scaling of points or shape seems to work, but the result is then scaled
over the entire guide hairs.
I am trying to override this. I can't even figure out how to rearrange the
stack so that the scaling of the object
or points is done after the object is scaled to fit the guide hair.

For instance... if I scale the grass  blade (the instance object group)   in Y
then the grass field
has short fat blades that go the entire height of the guide hair.

If I put a deformation cage on the blade, it does deform, but is then stretched
to fit on the guide hair in y.