Hi All,
Hi, I'm Stefan. Some of you may recognize my name, some of you might
not. I think I might be an ancient "lurker" on the list here because I
can't recall when last I posted anything to the list. I suspect it
might have been sometime in the early 90's. I could look it up but I'd
have to find some old archive somewhere in my backups. :-)
The most recent events about Softimage, and now the outcry from 3ds
max users about their "upgrade" along with many friends and old
colleagues I've been talking to in the past week inspired me to write
some of my thoughts down about what I see is happening and how I think
Autodesk has passed the point of no-return when it comes to their
position in the community (a large one which is still separated by
products and their users). It's SFW but be prepared for some harsh
paragraphs.
http://www.stefandidak.com/2014/03/autodesk-the-metastasizing-cancer-of-the-3d-world/
Cheers,Stefan.