From: Eric Turman <i.anima...@gmail.com<mailto:i.anima...@gmail.com>>
Date: Monday 12 May 2014 at 6:31 PM
To: "softimage@listproc.autodesk.com<mailto:softimage@listproc.autodesk.com>"
<softimage@listproc.autodesk.com<mailto:softimage@listproc.autodesk.com>>
Subject: Re: First Softimage -> Maya transition videos posted

Thanks

I do have to say that I am a bit put off by the first choice of examples, and
I'm certain that I'm not alone. Any competent 3D veteran could easily figure
out most of this with in minutes...and probably has. The video is quite frankly
insulting.

I'm not saying that transition videos aren't helpful, but it comes off as
condescending that we would not be able to figure out something as basic as
hotkeys.

More useful would be a series of videos of: here is feature A in Softimage and
oops! Maya doesn't have feature A, but here is the convoluted workaround that
you can do to kind of get the same result (like distance constraint) Or even,
in Softimage you'd normally work like this, but even though you can work the
same way in Maya, a better way would be to use this other feature or
methodology since trying to work like you would in Softimage will slow Maya
down (use expressions in Soft ==> use node networks in Maya)

-=Eric
--

-=T=-

style="width:100%;">
size="1" color="#999999"><span style="font-size:11px;">This communication is
intended for the addressee only. It is confidential. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately and destroy the original
message. You may not copy or disseminate this communication without the
permission of the University. Only authorised signatories are competent to
enter into agreements on behalf of the University and recipients are thus
advised that the content of this message may not be legally binding on the
University and may contain the personal views and opinions of the author, which
are not necessarily the views and opinions of The University of the
Witwatersrand, Johannesburg. All agreements between the University and
outsiders are subject to South African Law unless the University agrees in