If you don't need the 27" this at least looks interesting.  It's not out
yet, and I'd wait until the reviews are in but it's basically a 22"
widescreen Cintiq for $500 - $600 depending if you want multi-touch as well
as pen.

http://surfaceproartist.com/blog/2014/10/11/monoprice-teases-low-cost-multi-touch-pen-display