PH: +57 313 811 6821

From: Tim Crowson
Sent: ‎Monday‎, ‎December‎ ‎1‎, ‎2014 ‎09‎:‎50‎:‎09‎ ‎
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com

Thanks Jason.

Yes, we did that with Redshift and a very small "farm" (more like a garden
really... is that a thing? A Render Garden?). By the time my lighting tasks got
passed on to me, I had about a month to light all of my 75 shots. It was a
CRAZY schedule, but I honestly can't think of any other renderer available for
Soft currently that could have done that for us, especially on the budget we
had. The longest frame times were the daytime exterior ones where you see a lot
of wide open spaces in the background. Those averaged around 40-45min per frame
using Brute Force only. Generally, frames were much faster than that. Anywhere
from 3-4 to 11-12.

Everything was done in Softimage and Fusion, with a little After Effects for a
couple of quick fixes. Cloth was ICE-based Syflex, long hair was Kristinka.
Short hair was standard Softimag hair primitives.

World Position framebuffers were very useful on this, and that's how comp did
the transition from "night" to "day" in that frame you posted.

-Tim