Hi guys,
This is beyond my level of expertise to comment on with any usefulness, so I’m
going to ask our licensing product manager to take a look at this thread.

Jill

From: softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com
[mailto:softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com] On Behalf Of Martin Chatterjee
Sent: December-03-14 6:38 AM
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: Re: Service Pack 1 available

All right, now I'm completely puzzled... Jill, Hsiao, could you please help me
out here?

1.) If it indeed installs into it's own separate folder what is the
motivation/reason in making us uninstall 2015 first?

2.) Also it was suggested that a patch installer might be provided in the
future. How on earth should this work when the SP1 install happens in a unique
directory in the first place?

I might be wrong here - but my gut feeling here is that the only reason for
this messy situation might be compatibility with / conforming to the Autodesk
Application Manager...

Please let us find a pragmatic solution for this mess.

Due to the EOL this is just about this Service Pack and hopefully one or two
more.

That's it.

Conforming to the Autodesk Application Manager workflow shouldn't be a high
priority in this situation. No need to change fundamentals so late in the game.

Thanks, Martin

--
       Martin Chatterjee

[ Freelance Technical Director ]
[   http://www.chatterjee.de<http://www.chatterjee.de/>   ]
[ https://vimeo.com/chatterjee ]

On Wed, Dec 3, 2014 at 11:54 AM, Jens Lindgren