Closest location doesn't work with curves fed in with a group. It always uses the first one.

Eric T.

On 3/19/2015 12:23 PM, Grahame Fuller wrote:
Greg, any details about not getting it to work on curves? As far as I know, it
should.

gray

From: softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com
[mailto:softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com] On Behalf Of Eric Thivierge
Sent: Thursday, March 19, 2015 12:02 PM
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: Re: ICE emit particles and follow branching geometry

Your best bet is to create a mesh from those curves and transfer the curve's
tangent onto the mesh as a vector attribute.

Emit from the curve but use the geo's attribute to set the direction. How Paul
Smith's hair grooming stuff works essentially.

Using a group of curves or even doing one curve at a time won't get a nice
smooth result I don't think. You'll probably get popping.

Eric T.