hi,

forcing myself at the moment to use Maya on the project I'm doing... at the
moment mainly for previs/animation stuff...
everything feels like a few clicks more... and yes, it feels pretty
unorganized and bolted together... using 2015, btw...

and if I have a problem, I try to solve it in Fabric and not to search/use
some of the gazillion MelScripts/PlugIns scattered around the GUI and the
web...
;-)

...but the rendering I will do in Softimage... I'm too scared about the
renderlayer stuff in Maya...
;-)

oh, and also doing an explosion in Houdini Indie...
trying to get a feel for that beast, too... which definetly feels nicer
than Maya ;-P

cheers,

Juan