Sorry if this appear as double post :
Here's a capture of what I was talking about before.
> (Hope the link will work, the list is damn limited for attachements :/
>
> https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1QqhXD7Y15qV29jRTlMcTdmQU44bzF0ZnFnRkZPN2NGamRn
>
> This is a big unsimulated icetree that manipulate polygons. No particles, no
> instances.
>
> in first part of the anim you can see :
>
> Global Translate
> Local Scale (Per Poly)
> Local Translate (Per Poly)
> Local Rotate ( around edge (that you can select) )
>
> In second part, the same thing with 15K polygons object, plays realtime !
>

> The technology isn't mine, I borrowed it from Christian Gotzinger and
> someone else (I can't remember who :/ )

Le 26/08/2015 12:51, Chris Marshall a écrit :
OK Thanks All. Not sure the list was working yesterday or last couple of days. I broke up the mesh and used particles to animate. Figured it out myself in the end. Works ok even with 900 individual polys.
Thanks for all the input today.

Cheers

On 26 August 2015 at 09:43, <pete...@skynet.be <mailto:pete...@skynet.be>> wrote:

    > it's cold in here.....
    because it isn’t as simple as you think?
    best is to go the ICE way, disconnect/poly islands driven by
    particles’ SRTs works fine and fast.
    There was also the older ICE method, (was it guillaume’s?)
    exploding the object into it’s poly islands, and using them as
    instances on particles – but that got slow on hundreds of parts.
    then there is the old school non ice way: create a cluster center
    for each poly island and animate these directly or by pose
    constraining to nulls.

    On 25 August 2015 at 11:42, Chris Marshall
    <chrismarshal...@gmail.com <mailto:chrismarshal...@gmail.com>> wrote:

        Any thoughts or pointers? I know this is really simple and
        can't believe I'm struggling, but I've never had to do this
        before.
        Cheers

        On 25 August 2015 at 11:09, Chris Marshall
        <chrismarshal...@gmail.com <mailto:chrismarshal...@gmail.com>>
        wrote:

            Hi All,
            I'm having some brain fade here. I need to take a logo,
            break it into individual faces and animate them around
            separately. Should be easy enough, but I can't think how.
            I've broken the object up using DisconnectComponent. So
            what's the easiest way to simply explode the faces, or
            animate them in some interesting way? This will be a logo
            forming together, so just some basic Mograph type animation.

            Thanks

            Chris

-- Chris Marshall
        Mint Motion Limited