Hi guys,

I usually rig game meshes which are, 99% of the time, a unique mesh without
any fancy stuff in it.

Currently I'm doing some weight paint on a high poly mesh wihch will be
used in a game, but I find myself struggling sometimes because due to the
overlapping geometry.

Example: I have a vest and underneath that I have a shirt; on top of the
vest there are a couple of belts.
In theory the weight paint on them should be exactly the same so that,
during the animation, the underneath geometry won't "pop up" because the
two meshes have different weights assigned.

So, is there a way to easily paint on different meshes at once so that the
weight paint will be the same on multiple layers of geometry?

I know that probably Gator will solve the issue, but first I would like to
know if there is a proper way to accomplish skin weights without using
Gator to do that.

Cheers

Nicolas