Err nope, it didn't work... I knew I've tried that before.

That option only worked when I'm using wireframe and try to select a
polymesh and don't click on any wireframe.
In shaded mode it still moves my objects if I do a drag.

This behavior occurs with mouse or pen tablet, the only difference is that
with a pen it is more common to do a long click (drag) without noticing.

Martin