Also not much experience with GPU boxes but what I don;t really get is what
takes care of rendering with so many GPUs on single CPU?

For example you have single 5960x CPU and 64GB ram.
Even with 4 cards I've bin locking down CPU at 100% from time to time and
also RAM as well. Talking about computer RAM not GPU RAM.
As it works it renders 4 frames at once, each on 1 GPU.
I really don;t see much room to add fro example another 4 GPUs in attached
GPU box when there is still some work on CPU to be done and RAM
requirements for scenes and all to load.
How would high end CPU that is already maxed out handle additional load?

On Tue, Apr 5, 2016 at 1:06 PM, Ognjen Vukovic <ognj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I dont know much about the gpu boxes, but i would advise you to wait a bit
> for pascal to be released. I saw yesterday that amazon was doing clearances
> on "games" hardware so i presume it wont be long now as they seem to be
> clearing out the shelves.
>
> On Tue, Apr 5, 2016 at 1:00 PM, Adam Seeley <adammsee...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Softies/Blendies/Houdies etc.
>>
>> I was thinking about boosting Redshift render power a bit with a gtx980ti
>> or two.
>>
>> Does anyone have experience with using external GPU boxes that can be
>> plugged into their workstations?
>>
>> It seems like a cleaner, more scaleable and more flexible solution than
>> stuffing the cards right into the workstation itself.
>>
>> Any recommendations or advice gratefully received.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Adam.
>> with "unsubscribe" in the subject, and reply to confirm.
>>

> ------
> Softimage Mailing List.

Mirko Jankovic
skype: mirko-jankovic
https://vimeo.com/mirkoj

Need some help with rendering an Redshift project?
http://www.gpuoven.com/