I see your thread on fabric engine forums too, let's stay focused... either
on this mailing list or on their forums?

I prefer external python because I can use PyQt/PySide for standalone
applications which have nothing to do with Softimage.

Did you follow my earlier steps? Remove everything and start from scratch?

*written with my thumbs