Just to clarify…

Hierarchies are fully represented in the Tree View, the content of an object
too but of course it is impossible to draw in a hierarchical way something that
is parallel.

For example, in XSI you have an object (that would be your Houdini Object) and
the operator stack in a linear fashion (which is your SOPs -with regards to
geoemtry- and in Houdini is non-linear so you can’t see it the same way).
Nevertheless you can still see all those SOPs nodes arranged in there.

BUT

When you are in your OBJ and you plug one object to another you are NOT
building a hierarchy, you are just passing data from one node to another, the
behaviour in many cases is exactly like a hierarchy, but remember you are just
passing data.

That is the reason you don’t see it graphed in the Tree View.

Try this

1) Create an torus
2) create a subnetrowk
3) create another one
4) create another one

And now have a look at the TreeView… that IS a hierarchy.

Now try this

1) create a new torus
2) create a null
3) plug the null to the torus so the null affects the SRT data on the torus

Check and you will see that IS NOT a hierarchy although it behaves like one.

I hope that helps
jb