________________________________
From: softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com
[softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com] on behalf of Jonathan Moore
[jonathan.moo...@gmail.com]
Sent: 15 February 2018 06:44 PM
To: Official Softimage Users Mailing List.
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__groups.google.com_forum_-23-21forum_xsi-5Flist&d=DwIFAw&c=76Q6Tcqc-t2x0ciWn7KFdCiqt6IQ7a_IF9uzNzd_2pA&r=GmX_32eCLYPFLJ529RohsPjjNVwo9P0jVMsrMw7PFsA&m=EkkM86iXbHTL-LDbbZ5KIwBTF8JpCjoMJN31-aSa9tQ&s=ZTSMOz3vi_n7YY6t8pmBkX47nDeXryLV72wtppQV3kw&e=
Subject: Re: Modeling Options

Full transparency - I'm an alpha/beta tester for Foundry but IMHO nothing beats
Modo for asset creation. It used to be flakey and bug ridden but since Modo 10
they moved over to a new incremental development strategy and things are far
more solid. You can rent or buy outright but with the rental being circa $500
per annum it's actually not a bad route to take, especially if your unsure
about any long term commitment. There's three major point releases each year,
and you can set up a new 30 day demo for each. It's not an oversight, it's
something the Modo team decided to provide seeing as each release brings
significant new features.

When you start moving beyond the asset creation toolset things are still a
little flakey, badly designed or both. But for modelling, UVing etc nothing
comes close for the money.

Blender is obviously an option, but I think the modelling UX in Modo is worth
the price of entry alone.

On 15 February 2018 at 16:23, Morten Bartholdy