Hi list

I'm still working here in Softimage 2013 ! This is because Softimage 2015
new Weight Editor is really slow with Vertices Colors. And it's an old game
that started before Autodesk killed Softimage.

Doing some tests and playing with all the options I can see I've noticed
that deactivating the "Filter" (Select Zero Cells Filter Off), it improves
quite a lot the performance, but it is still way slower than 2013.

These are my results with a polygon mesh with 2400 points. This test
consist in select all 2400 points from scratch and measure how much does it
take to be refreshed in the Weight Editor from the moment I end my click to
Softimage come back to live:

2013: 3 seconds
2015: 1 minute
2015 w/o Filter : 14 seconds

(measured by hand with a phone chronometer)

So, my new "discovery" improves quite a lot the performance, as you can
see, but it is still super slow.

Is there anyway to get back the 2013 performance ?

This without going into full C++ creating a Weight Editor clone only for
Vertices Colors and hope that it performs better ? I'm considering that
option, although I'm not a C++ expert and don't have any guarantee that it
will work better.

Thanks

Martin