This one is easy :)
First, in you Emit from Surface Compund set Select Rate Type to Total
number of Particles and set Emission Type to Point. Rate doesn't really
matter when you want to emit from mesh vertices.
Then the secret sauce... Go in to your Emit from Geometry compound, then go
in to Generate Points compound. In there, bring up the Generate Sample Set
node properties and set Rate Type to All Points.
Tada!

//Jens

On Fri, Sep 6, 2019 at 5:29 PM Kris Rivel <krisri...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Trying to make a long exposure effect of a stick of LEDs twirling around.
> Have a nice animated grid of strands flying around and it looks great.
> Problem is the particles generating the strands are just emitting on a grid
> and stick to their emit location so they're not lined up nicely on the
> emitter. They're just spread around randomly. Hoping I can keep this but
> only generate one particle per point...but keep the "simulation" working so
> I can turbulize it etc. and keep my generate strand trails which only seems
> to work on simulated particles, not a simple "add point" on empty cloud
> setup. Any ideas?
>
> Kris
> ------
> Softimage Mailing List.

Jens Lindgren
VFX Supervisor & Lead TD
Magoo 3D Studios
<https://u9432639.ct.sendgrid.net/wf/click?upn=lIXdN6W56FnEjHCwrBXqOq0HQNpV0huvAGw1zu6Xp8eVQuk2cNZiNFjx2k-2FfTNcheFfpiVb5gBjGpm0Nj5Q4Ixqw3DQEuDZ5O4KooSxTUbzbnoa00fSbkb97Iz7B9UxApNXRhaxDOAScmys-2BdA-2BV1Ix-2BZe9VPZQUklRlAwPjen1biGdd42tYpAJ6Cq9nyZl7wwhmG-2FtSlszr1ldDbpXNRkLvrqpm4-2FdrUXPTDXfFA1UA8sWRlSceNQywYbfxXI5nMWdtohnM-2BEwDvBy4jddQCeD6X8Jk7Dpey5pxQgAkYksnfVWcFlPgPj-2Brub42wgKq1i1P4Mvyw-2BEq4MYItUXLGWk-2BCk-2Fo9Yjrt4TIRMYKcfR1p-2FZfgZbHBhODg6kGkNf-2F_a6oQc7tnfcb0GKvoO27fPkrQ0ATQyF1SDBXJOg7-2FbuRUnVqrzrp7RrfyxYVTtCEtJEQufzHxUHiAqw9ld-2BTebR5jiBI3uLpXKlPwISvXUAo8RUG3QIqkAfBrYpeOu5S1iSyvC4-2F6j2nuQva27xGzPwU1VRNGUKJ2z0LhCNIBDuvOJ3A-2Ft182ntpKAvzDOD-2BJxZ8sIOYMorlEsPZxJjIzpwkR4ASZuiooO5pKfX0wpcM-3D