发件人: Lee, Yiu
发送时间: 2010-05-31 10:45:20
收件人: lizhenqi...@chinamobile.com; softwires@ietf.org
抄送:
主题: Re: [Softwires] DNS question about DS-lite

No. DS-lite doesn't require dual-stack DNS server. It needs normal DNS
server running in the IPv6 network, and B4 proxies the v4 request over v6.

I want to echo Med's comment in his previous email. It is not recommended to
use AFTR to reach DNS server over v4 even thought it is possible. This will
increase the AFTR load for obvious reason.

On 5/30/10 10:38 PM, "lizhenqi...@chinamobile.com"
<lizhenqi...@chinamobile.com > wrote:

> Hi,

Yes, DNS server in the ISP must be able to resolve all the A and AAAA
> records. Does DS-lite require dual stack DNS server(s), i.e. DNS server(s)
> with both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses, be deployed in the ISP's network? Dual
> stack DNS server(s) needs to connect the DNS system in the IPv6-only network
> and that in the IPv4-only Internet.

Best
> Regards,
Zhenqiang Li