Le 8 sept. 2011 à 08:05, <mohamed.boucad...@orange-ftgroup.com>
<mohamed.boucad...@orange-ftgroup.com> a écrit ...
> De : Rémi Després [mailto:despres.r...@free.fr]
> "Difficulty to understand" can be due to insufficient quality of explanations.
> In this respect, I know what I have written in the past was quite perfectible.
> I expect the 4rd-addmapping draft to be clearer on several points, but it
> certainly can be clarified further. Questions raised in the WG are helpful
> for that.
>
> Med: This is IMHO an important aspect for the operational teams who are in
> charge of dimensioning the A+P space.

> Easiness of usability is important.

Same view on this.

> "Difficulty to configure" is rather minimal with solutions that are
> completely stateless.
> Having "High" complexity for 4rd-addmapping can therefore be misleading.
>
> Med: Not all the port indexing schemes on the table have the same complexity
> level. As I mentioned earlier, we need to depict this somehow. I would really
> appreciate if you can evaluate other port algorithms and share your
> evaluation.

In my understanding, all proposed algorithms are, once understood, sufficiently
easy to program.
All can be executed in a time bounded by a small constant, but one whose value
depends on code optimization.

IMHO, it is more effective to analyze first functional characteristics and
their individual motivations.

This avoids to spend time, at this stage, on detailed discussions on how to
optimize code for all analyzed solutions. (This can be done in a second phase
for the retained solution(s)).

Cheers,
RD