Hi,

While thanking the authors for their attempt, I need to provide some high
level feedback first on key issues:
The rationale section 1.1 states "co-existance" as the goal - this appears
to imply some entirely different solutions for which co-existance is
needed", and here are two points:
A) I can agree that DS.-lite is an entirely different solution, but I
firmly believe that it is entirely outside the agreed scope which was a
"unified solution CPE spec" in the context of MAP and Lw4o6. Thus, I would
recommend that ds.-lite be dropped from this draft as it bears no
influence on "unifying" MAP and Lw4o6, nor does it bear anything on the
already "defined and shipped" ds.-lite solution. Work on such themes of
"multiple solutions coexisting" is what the v6ops CPE draft is covering
and I would place ds.-lite coexistence there.

B) I disagree that "co-existance" between Lw4o6 and MAP is a goal; a
unified functional CPE spec for NAT44-less core relays accessed via IPv6
is. As such, describing "modes" as in "solution modes" is not conductive
to that and a solution term neutral functional breakdown is essential and
IMO possible (further explained below). This will only make the spec
better and simpler for implementers.

In Section 3 the draft coin a new term/class of solution called "Binding
approach".
This effectively refers to configuration state which *all* solutions need,
and is not helpful in providing anything but more verbiage. Removing this
classification from all of the text is recommended.

Further in section 3 the draft lists different functional elements, and it
is here that major changes are needed. For a unified solution a functional
breakdown in a solution neutral text is essential. IMO A unified CE has
the following basic functionalities, which I propose to be added to the
text in place of the existing one:
- IPv4 NAT whose address and port restrictions are configurable
- an IPv6 transport whose source and destination transport address are
deterministically derived/configurable

- an IPv4 routing capability (also configurable)

In example terms, consider a CPE configured with IPv4 address, restricted
Port range X and IPv6 source address Y and transport address Z.
There is no difference in these parameters between Lw4o6 and MAP, and it
shows the essence of what we need to get at.

One can comment further on the details of the draft, but getting the basic
functional breakdown is essential (example above) before we get into that.
 The only thing different between the solutions are not the basic
functionalities but rather how this functionality is configured.

Regards,
Woj..