Guys,
This FUD upset me enough to actually write a response email on my
otherwise splendid vacation.  Tomcat 5.5.15 normal binary distro is
6.5MB, Jetty 6.0beta9 is 12.6MB.  You can have a Tomcat server running
in a sub 2MB footprint, again less than or close to than you can get a
Jetty with JSP running.  I'm not -1 on Jetty, although I'm -0 for what
I think is an important reason: Jetty is not from Apache, Tomcat is,
Solr is.  If you want to use Jetty do so but please don't use the
wrong, out-of-date, FUD-driven reasons for choosing it over Tomcat.
OTOH, I'm a big +1 for using Tomcat because it's an Apache project
like Solr, and would be willing to do the packaging work to get a
Tomcat demo with Ant stuff when I come back at the end of the month.

Yoav

--
Yoav Shapira
System Design and Management Fellow