On 1/18/07, Ryan McKinley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 1/18/07, Yonik Seeley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 1/18/07, Ryan McKinley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Yes, this proposal would fix the URL structure to be
> > /path/defined/in/solrconfig:parser?params
> > /${handler}:${parser}
> >
> > I *think* this cleanly handles most cases cleanly and simply.  The
> > only exception is where you want to extract variables from the URL
> > path.
>
> But that's not a hypothetical case, extracting variables from the URL
> path is something I need now (to add metadata about the data in the
> raw post body, like the CSV separator).
>
> POST to http://localhost:8983/solr/csv?separator=,&fields=foo,bar,baz
> with a body of "10,20,30"

Sorry, by "in the URL" I mean "in the URL path." The RequestParser can
extract whatever it likes from getQueryString()

The url you list above could absolutely be handled with the proposed
format.

Cool.  I think i need more examples... concrete is good :-)

I don't quite grok your format below... is it one line or two?
/path/defined/in/solrconfig:parser?params
/${handler}:${parser}

Is that simply

/${handler}:${parser}?params

Or is it all one line where you actually have params twice?

-Yonik