Hi,
----- Original Message ----
From: Erik Hatcher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: solr-dev@lucene.apache.org
Sent: Friday, March 16, 2007 4:36:25 PM
Subject: Re: svn commit: r519107 - in /lucene/solr/trunk: CHANGES.txt
example/exampledocs/spellchecher.xml example/solr/conf/solrconfig.xml
lib/lucene-spellchecker-2.2-dev.jar
src/java/org/apache/solr/request/SpellCheckerRequestHandler.java

On Mar 16, 2007, at 3:28 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> +     <str name="spellcheckerIndexDir">/home/otis/dev/repos/lucene/
> solr/trunk/example/solr/data/index</str>

And this needs to be changed to something globally relevant.  What
triggers the creation of this index?   With this part of the example,
we ought to flesh it out so that it works for anyone trying out Solr,
right?

OG: Ideally, si.  What should I set it to?  How can I set it to a dir relative
to solr.home?

> +    public void init(NamedList args) {
> +        super.init( args );
> +        spellcheckerIndexDir = invariants.get
> ("spellcheckerIndexDir");
> +        try {
> +            spellChecker = new SpellChecker
> (FSDirectory.getDirectory(spellcheckerIndexDir));
> +        } catch (IOException e) {
> +            throw new RuntimeException("Cannot open SpellChecker
> index", e);
> +    }

If this index were updated, what would trigger it to get refreshed by
this request handler?

OG: ...&cmd=rebuild should do it.

Otis