On Aug 22, 2008, at 6:43 PM, Chris Hostetter wrote:

: Can you double check which ant is geting used and make changes as appropriate?

Actually, wait a minute .... nightly.sh is just running "ant nightly"
which is the same as "ant test package" ... people who want to run tests
and package things up shouldn't be required to have Maven ant tasks
available.

It looks like this started happening because of r687335 ...
the new create-pacakges target seems fine to me ... but "package"
and "generate-maven-artifacts" should each depend on it directly (and
independently) ... why does "package" need to depend on
"generate-maven-artifacts" ?

Because the maven artifacts are part of packaging for release. People who don't want them can run "create-package", or we could call it core- package. I just thought for release purposes it's easier to just call one target that has it all.

The bigger ? in my mind is why do we have two different nightly builds? Hudson and crontab.