I was thinking we might want a day or two on the new Lucene and also that not everyone is reading this thread immediately, so we need to give them time to react. But, yeah, we can create the branch today, if that's what people want. Yonik, do you want to do the Lucene upgrade (you're getting so good at it) and then we can create the branch?

I can tell you now I'm not doing the release over the Labor day weekend, as I plan on minimizing my labor...