> where we have a "stable" and an "experimental"
> release.

Good idea.  Also may be good to nominate a release manager.  It seemed
like features were being thrown in constantly that were perhaps beyond
the intended scope (was there one?) of SOLR 1.3.  Probably next time,
maybe 2-3 large features and some bug fixes and then do a release.

The biggest new feature right now that affects customers and users is
distributed search with failover.  It is hard to tell a customer that
at any time the search servers could fail and there (i.e. the master
can replicate bad data) is not much that can be done about it.