I guess I went a bit overboard with the plan :-)

Yes, I agree about the point on hard deadlines. However, I do feel that
marking an issue to the next immediate release should represent a priority
to the issue from us. The core of my suggestion is continuous release
planning to ensure releasing early and releasing often. It is also an
incentive to scope issues appropriately.

--
Regards,
Shalin Shekhar Mangar.