thanks for the heads-up, this is good to know.
I've updated http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/AvailableLockFactories
which I recently created as a guide to help in choosing between
different LockFactories.

I believe the Native LockFactory is very useful, I wouldn't consider
this a bug nor consider discouraging it's use, people just need to be
informed of the behavior and know that no LockFactory impl is good for
all cases.

Adding some lines to it's javadoc seems appropriate.

Regards,
Sanne