On 03/22/2010 at 2:30 PM, Yonik Seeley wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 2:20 PM, Ryan McKinley <ryan...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > I'm confused... what is the need for a new name?  The only place where
> > there is a conflict is in the top level svn tree...
>
> Agree, no need to re-brand.

Hmm, I've apparently misunderestimated the name-mooting that's been echoing
around lately.

Since "name" can refer to a bunch of partially overlapping things (Apache TLP
name; svn directory name; development project name; product name; etc.):

- Lucene will remain the name of the Apache TLP hosting both the Lucene-Java
product and the Solr product.

- Solr, while ceasing to refer to a stand-alone development sub-project, will
continue to be a product, with no change in its user-facing *product*
communications; Solr's downloadable artifacts, the wiki, the website, and the
solr-user mailing list will remain as-is.  (The website javadocs will need
re-jiggering, though, I'd guess.)

Any disagreement?

Steve