Thanks Yonik.

1) model a single document as a single event at a singe place with a start
and end date.

This was my first approach, but at presentation time I need to display the
event once -- with multiple start/end dates and locations beneath it.

Is treating the given event uniqueId as a facet the way to go?

thanks,
jeff

On 1/12/07, Yonik Seeley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 1/12/07, Jeff Rodenburg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm stuck with a query issue that at present seems unresolvable.  Hoping
the
> community has some insight to this.
>
> My index contains events that have multiple beginning/ending date ranges
and
> multiple locations.  For example, event A (uniqueId = 123) occurs every
> weekend, sometimes in one location, sometimes in many locations.  Dates
have
> a beginning and ending date, and locations have a latitude &
longitude.  I
> need to query for the set of events for a given "area", where area =
> bounding box.  So, a single event has multiple beginning and ending
dates
> and multiple locations.
>
> So, the beginning date, ending date, latitude and longitude values only
> apply collectively as a unit.  However, I need to do range queries on
both
> the dates and the lat/long values.

1) model a single document as a single event at a singe place with a
start and end date.
  OR
2) use multivalued fields as correlated vectors, so the first start
date corresponds
   to the first end date corresponds to the first lat and long value.
You get them all back
   in a query though, so your app would need to do extra work to sort
out which matched.

I'd do (1) if you can... it's simpler.

-Yonik