I have a dynamic field setup for facets. It looks like this:

<dynamicField name="*_facet" type="string" indexed="true" stored="false"
multiValued="true" />

I do this, because we add facets quite often, so having to modify the schema
every time would be unfeasible.

I'm currently reindexing from scratch, so I cannot try wt=python for little
bit longer. Once it's done indexing I'll give that a go and see if I notice
anything.

Dan