Walter Underwood wrote:
> This is for monitoring -- what happened in the last 30 seconds.
> Log file analysis doesn't really do that.

I would respectfully disagree.
Log file analysis of each request can give you that, and a whole lot more.

you could either grab the stats via a regular cron job, or create a separate
filter to parse them real time.
It would then let you grab more sophisticated stats if you choose to.

What I would like to know is (and excuse the newbieness of the question) how
to enable solr to log a file with the following data.

- time spent (ms) in the request.
- IP# of the incoming request
- what the request was (and what handler executed it)
- a status code to signal if the request failed for some reasons
- number of rows fetched
and
- the number of rows actually returned

is this possible? (I'm using tomcat if that changes the answer).

regards
Ian