I've been exploring distributed search, as of late.  I don't know about the
"next solr" but I could certainly see a "distributed solr" grow out of such
an expansion.

In terms of the FederatedSearch wiki entry (updated last year), has there
been any progress made this year on this topic, at least something worthy of
being added or updated to the wiki page?  Not to splinter efforts here, but
maybe a working group that was focused on that topic could help to move
things forward a bit.

- j

On 6/6/07, Yonik Seeley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 6/6/07, James liu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> anyone agree?

No ;-)

At least not if you mean using map-reduce for queries.

When I started looking at distributed search, I immediately went and
read the map-reduce paper (easier concept than it first appeared), and
realized it's really more for the indexing side of things (big batch
jobs, making data from data, etc).  Nutch uses map reduce for
crawling/indexing, but not for querying.

-Yonik