Hi,

I am not sure if this can be done.  Let's say if periodically there is a
big batch to be indexed and we don't want to replicate the data befor
the batch is completely indexed.   We would like to avoid post commit
hook as we will be periodically committing to reduce the memory usage
and we also would like to avoid post optimize hook as optimizing causes
the replication of new big optimized file every time.  Is there a way to
trigger snap shooting through Solr's admin interface?

For that matter, is there a generic way to trigger the Solr server to
execute some pre-defined scripts?  I know it can be achieved with some
ssh scripts.  It seems more elegant to be able to do so through the
admin interface so the client doesn't need to know the physical location
of the Solr installation.

Daniel