On 9/19/07, Norberto Meijome <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 01:46:53 -0400
> Ryan McKinley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Stu is referring to Federated Search - where each index has some of the

It really should be Distributed Search I think (my mistake... I
started out calling it Federated).  I think Federated search is more
about combining search results from different data sources.

> > data and results are combined before they are returned.  This is not yet
> > supported out of the "box"
>
> Maybe this is related. How does this compare to the map-reduce functionality
> in Nutch/Hadoop ?

map-reduce is more for batch jobs.  Nutch only uses map-reduce for
parallel indexing, not searching.

-Yonik