Along similar lines :

assuming that i have 2 indexes in the same box  , say at :
/home/abc/data/index1 and  /home/abc/data/index2,
and i want the results from both the indexes when i do a search - then how
should this be 'optimally' designed - basically these are different Solr
homes and i want the results to be clearly demarcated as coming from 2
different sources.

-Venkat