From: Ryan McKinley [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2007 10:31 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Index/Update Problems with Solrj/Tomcat and Larger Files

> I have had this and other files index correctly using a different
> combination version of Tomcat/Solr without any problem (using similar
> code, I re-wrote it because I thought it would be better to use
Solrj).
> I get the same error whether I use a simple StringBuilder to created
the
> add manually or if I use Solrj.  I have manually encoded each field
> before passing it in to the add function as well, so I don't believe
it
> is a content problem.   I have tried to change every setting in Tomcat
> and Solr that I can think of, but I'm newer to both of them.

So it works if you build an XML file with the same content and send it
to the server using the example post.sh/post.jar tool?

Have you tried messing with the connection settings?
  SolrServer server = new CommonsHttpSolrServer( url );
   ((CommonsHttpSolrServer)server).setConnectionTimeout(5);
   ((CommonsHttpSolrServer)server).setDefaultMaxConnectionsPerHost(100);
   ((CommonsHttpSolrServer)server).setMaxTotalConnections(100);

a timeout of 5ms is probably too short...

ryan