On 10/17/07, Maximilian Hütter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I also found this:
>
> "Controls the maximum number of terms that can be added to a Field for a
> given Document, thereby truncating the document. Increase this number if
> large documents are expected. However, setting this value too high may
> result in out-of-memory errors."
>
> Coming from: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/library/j-solr2/index.html
>
> That might be a problem for me.
>
> I was thinking about using copyFields, instead of one large fulltext
> field. Would that solve my problem, or would the maxFieldLength still
> apply when using copyFields?

maxFieldLength is a setting on the IndexWriter and applies to all fields.
If you want more tokens indexed, simply increase the value of
maxFieldLength to something like 2000000000 and you should be fine.

There's no penalty for setting it higher than the largest field you
are indexing (no diff between 1M and 2B if all your docs have field
lengths less than 1M tokens anyway).

-Yonik