Why do you think you _need_ to autowarm the entire cache? It
is, after all, an LRU cache, the theory being that the most recent
queries are most likely to be reused.

Personally I'd run some tests on using small autowarm counts
before getting at all mixed up in some complex scheme that
may not be useful at all. Say an autowarm count of 16. Then
measure using that, then say 32 then... Insure you have a real
problem before worrying about a solution! ;)

Best,
Erick