Sorry for missing information. My solr-cores take less than 200MB of disk

What I am worried about is If I run too many cores from a single solr
machine there will be a limit to the number of concurrent searches it can
support. I am still benchmarking for this.

Also another major bottleneck I find is adding data to solr.
I have a cron job that picks data from Mysql Live DB and adds to solr. If I
run each core addition serially it works , but If try a multiprocessed
system then this addition simply hangs. Even if all processes are talking
to different cores.

 This means beyond some point my insertion will take too long and I will
have to have multiple servers. Too bad because actually there is no problem
with data search , only with data add